Three Year Olds
It’s All About Me!
The Preschool Threes Program at World Academy is a year round, full day program with the option to bring your child 2 to 5 days per week. Child to teacher ratios are 8:1, with a maximum class size of sixteen. The pre-school program is as diverse in scope as the children enrolled in the program. The program is geared towards helping each child develop habits of observation, questioning, listening, and an awareness of feelings. The curriculum focuses on the right of each child to express those feelings in a positive manner by channeling them into appropriate means of expression. Each child learns to make choices for him/herself and begins to develop an understanding of the world. An open-ended program such as ours prepares children to utilize their intellectual and creative abilities in future learning tasks and decisions. Each child learns at a different rate in a different way...but every day is a day of learning because the program is tailored to fit each child (not the other way around)!
The Preschool Threes Program is not just a wonderful preparation for elementary school, it is a place where young children can meet and interact, feel safe away from Mom and Dad, while learning and having fun. Our school will stimulate your child's imagination and physical, social, emotional development, while providing excellent opportunities for intellectual exploration.
The classroom is composed of different activity centers that allow children to express themselves and freely explore the world around them. Activity centers are designed to provide maximum challenge and interest to each child’s body and mind. The teacher encourages activities that enable children to learn through both sensory and motor experiences, while the classroom setting enables this learning process through its basic set up. Emphasis in the Preschool Threes program is placed on refining gross motor skills, learning basic colors, shapes, numbers and beginning writing skills. Children in the Preschool Threes Program participate in Music & Movement, American Sign Language and Physical Education.
Finding Out About Me.
The Discovery Program at World Academy is a is a comprehensive school year program that encourages higher level thinking skills for intellectual pursuit and fosters emotional, social, physical development while boosting a child's self-esteem. Purposefully designed for three year old children with fun, enriching and developmentally appropriate skills and concept-building pre-school experiences. Discovery offers young students a chance to explore a world of their own as they approach school age! Looking ahead to Disoovery Fours the next year, and then Kindergarten, students in Discovery Threes are building self-confidence, pursuing their curiousities and an working on their ability to interact and cooperate with peers. Days in the Discovery Program are busy as the students create friendships, explore curriculum through specialist classes, curriculum and the classroom's developmental activity centers. Discovery Threes classes meet Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30 to 11:30am. Child to teacher ratio is 8:1 and Discovery Threes students participate in Music Class and American Sign Language.
Some of the unique features of the World Academy Preschool Threes program are:
- The program is tailored to fit each child - individual student plans are created for each
- The program is designed to provide a sense of empowerment and independence
- Each class in Preschool Threes encourages respect for others
- Children participate in physical education that focuses on activities designed to enhance gross-motor development for the age
- Children participate in Music & Movement that focuses on rhythm, beat, dancing, and singing
- Exciting field trips to local places of interest are a part of the curriculum
- Daily use of our well-planned, interesting and developmentally-appropriate playground exclusively for three and four year old students.
- 2 nutritious meals and 3 tasty snacks are provided daily (Discovery students are not in class for lunch, but are served a morning snack!)
- Flexible schedules in Preschool Threes- choose 2, 3, 4 or 5 days a week to attend with four different time options (full days only) or part-time (Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 to 11:30 in Discovery Threes)